- Ingraham and Rival, editors. Reflections on Malcolm Forsyth. University of Alberta Press, 2019.
- "Breathing in G: Harmonic Tension & Repose in Forsyth's Cello Concerto Electra Rising." In Reflections on Malcolm Forsyth, edited by Ingraham and Rival. University of Alberta Press, 2019.
- Flatwards Bound: Defining Harmonic Flavour in Late Nielsen. Carl Nielsen Studies Vol. 5 (2012), 258-79. [PDF* with abstract]
*For personal use only. Copyright © author & Carl Nielsen Studies 2012.
- The Comfort of Denial: Metre, Cyclic Form and Narrative in Shostakovich’s Seventh String Quartet. twentieth-century music 6/2 (2011), 209-35. [abstract] [PDF*]
*For personal use only. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2011.
- George Proctor Prize (best graduate student paper), Canadian University Music Society, 2009
- Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, 2008-09
- Malcolm Forsyth's Double Concerto: Forging a New Simplicty
- Oct 19, 2019—Malcolm Forsyth: Perspectives & Legacy [keynote]
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Voice Leading & Macroharmony in Malcolm Forsyth's Cello Concerto Electra Rising
- Jun 2, 2012—Canadian University Music Society Conference
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
- Chords, Scales and Voice Leading: Defining Harmonic Flavour in Late Nielsen
- Nov 5, 2011—Carl Nielsen: Inheritance and Legacy [invited]
Royal Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Comfort of Denial: Metre, Cyclic Form
and Narrative in Shostakovich’s Seventh String Quartet [abstract]
- Jul 2-5, 2009—Sixth Biennial International Conference on Music Since 1900, Keele University, UK
- May 28-31, 2009—Canadian University Music Society Conference
2009, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Modal and Harmonic Fluctuation in
Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony, Largo [abstract]
- Nov 14, 2006—Shostakovich in Words
& Music (University of Toronto Composers' Forum)
- Sep 29 - Oct 1, 2006—Shostakovich 2006: International Centenary Conference (Bristol, UK) [invited]
- The Drama in John Corigliano's String
Quartet, Prelude [abstract]
- May 14, 2006—University of Western
Ontario Graduate Student Symposium in Music
- March 4, 2006—University of Toronto
Music Graduate Students' Association Conference