- "Malcolm Forsyth's Double Concerto: Forging a New Simplicity." Intersections 39/2 (2019), 145–179. [PDF*]
*For personal use only. Copyright © Canadian University Music Society 2022.
- "Breathing in G: Harmonic Tension & Repose in Forsyth's Cello Concerto Electra Rising." In Reflections on Malcolm Forsyth, edited by Ingraham and Rival. University of Alberta Press, 2019. [PDF*]
*For personal use only. Copyright © University of Alberta Press 2019.
- "Flatwards Bound: Defining Harmonic Flavour in Late Nielsen." Carl Nielsen Studies Vol. 5 (2012), 258-79. [PDF* with abstract]
*For personal use only. Copyright © author & Carl Nielsen Studies 2012.
- "The Comfort of Denial: Metre, Cyclic Form and Narrative in Shostakovich’s Seventh String Quartet." twentieth-century music 6/2 (2011), 209-35. [abstract] [PDF*]
*For personal use only. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2011.
- George Proctor Prize (best graduate student paper), Canadian University Music Society, 2009
- Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, 2008-09
- "Malcolm Forsyth's Double Concerto: Forging a New Simplicity"
- Oct 19, 2019—Malcolm Forsyth: Perspectives & Legacy [keynote]
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- "Voice Leading & Macroharmony in Malcolm Forsyth's Cello Concerto Electra Rising"
- Jun 2, 2012—Canadian University Music Society: Conference
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
- "Chords, Scales and Voice Leading: Defining Harmonic Flavour in Late Nielsen"
- Nov 5, 2011—Carl Nielsen: Inheritance and Legacy [invited]
Royal Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- "The Comfort of Denial: Metre, Cyclic Form"
and Narrative in Shostakovich’s Seventh String Quartet" [abstract]
- Jul 2-5, 2009—Sixth Biennial International Conference on Music Since 1900, Keele University, UK
- May 28-31, 2009—Canadian University Music Society Conference
2009, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- "Modal and Harmonic Fluctuation in Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony, Largo" [abstract]
- Nov 14, 2006—Shostakovich in Words
& Music (University of Toronto Composers' Forum)
- Sep 29 - Oct 1, 2006—Shostakovich 2006: International Centenary Conference (Bristol, UK) [invited]
- "The Drama in John Corigliano's String Quartet, Prelude" [abstract]
- May 14, 2006—University of Western
Ontario Graduate Student Symposium in Music
- March 4, 2006—University of Toronto
Music Graduate Students' Association Conference